Friday, April 27, 2012

Daniel Boone Never Heard Of Logistics: the AAR in 1950

     Walter Richards made this illustration of Daniel Boone for the Association of American Railroads in 1950.

1950 Association of American Railroads

     The exact date for the publication is unknown.  On the following side of this illustration the date 1950 can be seen.

A depiction of Daniel Boone

     My father found two of these illustration magazine clippings that either Wally or his wife had set aside as an illustration Wally had done.

     
     

2 comments:

  1. I own the original painting for TWA of the Cairo ad with the man in the fez. I was hoping to get tickets to Antiques Roadshow in Boston this year, but alas, I didn't make the drawing. I also have a number of lithographs and a signed first day cover of his first stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the illustration you own?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/73267041@N06/7258659558/

    If so I appears to have been published in 1947. The version I have appeared in the Saturday Evening Post in October.

    It's the only one I know of that Wally did for TWA. It would have been interesting to hear what the experts in Boston would have said about it. I also tried to get into the Antiques Roadshow to no avail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete